First church policies and procedures during covid-19
There is nothing more that we want than to keep everyone in the First Church family and community healthy. The staff has been diligent to keep all of the spaces of the church sanitized and following protocols as set by the State of Pennsylvania, the CDC, and the Western Pennsylvania District of the United Methodist Church.
Below are just a few of the ways that we are caring for you and the community:
- All spaces are sanitized between use. This includes sanctuaries and meeting spaces. We have purchased 5 electrostatic sprayers that are used to spray and sanitize areas. This provides rapid and effective decontamination
- Both of our campuses where worship services are held have been outfitted with UVC filters in the air systems. UVC filters are UV light filters that kill bacteria and viruses as air passes past them, making spaces healthier.
- Services are available online so that you can worship from home if you wish. You can livestream the God's Country, Crossfire, and the 11:15 a.m. Downtown services at www.youtube.com/c/firstchurchbutler.
- Strict adherence to face coverings at in-person services and meetings by everyone in attendance. If you have been vaccinated, you can attend services without your mask.
- Contact tracing is done as individuals enter church services or meetings. These lists are only used to contact others if someone on this particular list has tested positive for Covid-19. These lists are kept for two weeks and then shredded.
- All children's spaces and nurseries and disinfected or sanitized between uses.
- High touch surfaces such as doors, light switches, door knobs, handles, are disinfected on a regular basis.
Have you tested positive for Covid-19 after attending a First Church worship service or meeting? Please let us know by calling Monica at the First Church office, 724.283.6160. We will take care of calling the others in that worship service or meeting. There are HIPAA laws that regulate the information that can be disseminated. We cannot tell anyone who has tested positive but only give advice to quarantine for the recommended period of time.
Thank you for helping to keep our community and First Church family healthy!